S2 - HVAC Service Technicians
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with skills and experience
Employment: Full Time – Shop
Location: Danbury, CT
Hours: Vary, but generally 7:00am to 4:00pm
Overtime: available and occasionally require
On Call: Rotation basis
- Licensed Journeyman with commercial experience. Must be able to:
- Startup new and existing HVAC equipment.
- Commission and document the startup of new HVAC equipment and system installations.
- Diagnostic services using company provided computer and diagnostic tools for HVAC equipment and system troubleshooting
- Make manufacturer approved repairs to a variety of HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate flexibility by providing construction services as needed on installations.
- Inspect equipment for viability, proper operations and safety.
- Replace defective equipment with new.
- Perform all points of maintenance on a wide variety of HVAC equipment with a heavy emphasis on VRF equipment.
- Perform AC and heat pump services in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Show a minimum three years commercial service experience.
- Basic knowledge of complete: heating, cooling, VRF, ventilation, controls and air conditioning systems; and how they work.
- Use technology tools the company provides for reporting time, purchases and all other activities related this position, i.e.: cell phone, computer and/or iPad.
- Read and comprehend: control schematics, technical data, manufacturer’s O&M manuals and other construction documents.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Accurately estimate time and material requirements for repairs and / or replacements.
Licenses and other qualifications:
- Must have a valid State of CT driver’s license.
- Must have one of the following currently valid State of CT trade licenses: D1, D2, S1 or S2.
- High School or equivalent degree as a minimum.
- OSHA 10/30 certification. Training is available.
- Current EPA certification.
- Honesty in all situations.
- Cleanliness and respect for company property.
- Adherence to company mission statement and policies as spelled out in the Company Employee Handbook.
- Thorough and diligent in each aspect of the position.
- Perform work in a good work-man like manner. Have a quality conscious attitude in your craft.
- Able to communicate professionally and demonstrate an ability to interface on different levels of expertise.
- Respect and treat others as you want to be treated. This respectful attitude is to be extended to: fellow employees, subordinates, those in authority, clients, subcontractor employees, vendor employees. In short, be respectful of others at all points of interface while on the clock.
- Life Insurance $25K
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k Safe Harbor plan; company pays 5% on top of your wage into the plan for you.
- You direct the investment strategy within legal requirements.
- PTO, which starts at 3 days per calendar year and increases with tenure per schedule.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, which starts at 1 week after one year of service and increases up to 4 weeks with tenure per schedule.
- Paid birthday, which starts on the 5th year of tenured service.
- Company vehicle
Employee Paid Benefits:
- Voluntary Term Life
- Dental Tier 2
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
EMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you want to view the company mission statement with core values: Mission Statement
If you want to view the company purpose statement: Purpose Statement
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster and EEO is the Law Supplement documents: EEO